on 1/4/02 9:14 AM, "Scott Sanders" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can agree with Paulo, POI is about generating/reading documents with a
> particular foramt, and that is very useful to jakarta and xml.  I
> believe that if it came to Apache, if would belong under Jakarta, being
> a Java tool, and more specifically under commons, as it is just a
> component to be used with other products (ie Lucene) to gain
> functionality in context.
>
> Scott Sanders

I still don't see the point for bringing it to Jakarta. I think it is fine
where it is. They have good hosting, strong leadership, etc...

I'm not interested in bringing new projects into Jakarta when we are as
fucked up as we are today. It is utter anarchy here and I don't think that
is good. People can't even follow the rules we have *defined*.

People, it isn't about code standards, that is just the symptom of the
larger problem.

-jon