Again...

I just mean that sometimes saying that something is server-side or
client-side just makes no sense.

As Ceki puts it, maybe JMeter is one of the few clearly server-side
products in Jakarta.

BTW... is Log4J server-side?
=;o)

> >> And Cocoon isn't part of Jakarta, is it? :)
> >
> > JUST because it is XML centric, which POI is not.
>
> Right.  I wasn't advocating it going to XML-land - it doesn't
> seem to belong there either.

It am still not aware of any valid argument that clearly states why
it does not belong to Jakarta or why it belongs.

It is just like BCEL or Log4J - some people wanted those projects here
because they had use for them or were already using them.

Nothing to do with serversideness!!!

> > BTW, do you know they use Velocity for something???
>
> Who, POI?

NO! Cocoon!

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar