On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 12:36, Ceki Gülcü wrote:
> The JBoss guys are very smart. Scott Stark is extremely high caliber. Mark
> is no idiot either. Jboss is successful because it is so fucking good. From
> where I stand, the other appservers are just copying JBoss. Where do you
> think the MBean architecture in Weblogic 6.x came from?

What a laff! JBoss and Weblogics MBean use is completely and utterly
different - JBoss uses JMX as a services architecture while Weblogic uses JMX
as a management interface (you know - what it was designed for).

The only way that BEA could possibly decide to use the standard
management interface to manage its server is to see JMX used in a completely
different manner - I am not sure how I missed that. It really is innovative
how BEA decided to use the standard management API when it built its
management interface. They had no idea that JMX was going to be integrated
into J2EE at that stage - how could they.

> The problem with JBoss is that while they innovate BEA and IBM make all the
> dough. Such is the nature of opensource. Bloody fucking hell!

gotta love experts.

--
Cheers,

Pete