On 06/29/2014 03:58 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> Hi Markos,
>
> I was wondering why docker 1.0.0 wasn't seeming to get updated on my
> boxes recently, despite me commiting the update to the cvs tree, and
> Tianon noticed that it was masked at the moment:
>
> # Markos Chandras <hwoar...@gentoo.org> (03 May 2014)
> # Masked for further testing
>> =app-emulation/lxc-1.0.0
>> =app-emulation/docker-1.0.0
>
> Which is odd, given that I never saw a bug report, nor did Tianon, and I
> thought we were the ones working on maintaining this package in the
> tree.
>
> So, what's up with keeping docker from being updated?  Is it just an lxc
> bug?  This works just fine on my other boxes with other distros :)
>
> And why mask without at least dropping me an email?
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Hi Greg,

It's been a long time. To be honest I don't remember masking docker but
I most likely did it because I was asked to mask >=lxc-1.0.0 by the
virtualization team (and Diego (flameeyes). And docker depends on
lxc-1.0.0 according to the ebuild. But now that you have unmasked
docker, i think the deptree will be broken since lxc is still masked.

--
Regards,
Markos Chandras