Let's step back a minute, and consider *WHY* non-developers feel the
need to join this list in the first place.  Do you remember the acrimony
after the decision to not officially support a separate /usr without
initramfs?  A lot of people who complained on the Gentoo-User list were
bluntly told that the devs hadn't heard much objection, and that they
should've expressed their opinion on *THIS* list *BEFORE* the final
decision was made.  This reminds me of a quote from The Hitchiker's Guide
To The Galaxy...

"But the plans were on display..."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a flashlight."

"Ah, well, the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the notice, didn't you?"

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a
locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the
door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

  I'd really rather not have to follow an additional list which includes
a lot of very technical items and patches that are over my head.  But
after the separate /usr fiasco, I don't feel I have any choice.  If we
could have a guarantee of proposed changes like that being posted on
Gentoo-User for comment, rather than being sprung on users by surprise,
I'd be willing to sign off this list.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>