On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 08:41:25AM +0200, Micha?? Górny wrote
> Next time such a thing happens, the discussion will happen on a
> completely private media or not happen at all because of the state
> of this mailing list. Is this what you really want?

  Here's the part you did not quote...

>> If we could have a guarantee of proposed changes like that being
>> posted on Gentoo-User for comment, rather than being sprung on
>> users by surprise, I'd be willing to sign off this list.

  Note where I said "...posted on Gentoo-User for comment...".  What I'm
asking is for such proposed changes to be posted on Gentoo-User, and the
discussion/feedback/flamefests/etc will be on Gentoo-User.  This type of
surprise stuff seems to happen a lot in Open Source...

* Gentoo /usr
* Firefox Australis UI, and dropping ALSA and going PulseAudio-only
* GNOME getting a hard-coded dependancy on systemd
* etc, etc

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>