Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
> [...]

I see, no, I originally meant to have two compression/decompression
formats; LZMA (xz) and another. But yes the way you understood it is
interesting. Initially I dismissed this idea as would take too long for a
new tool to reach stability. But yes what you suggest is it could be a
very simple implementation that only does decompression so perhaps more
realistically achievable. Still a tall order. I wonder if any general
purpose languages (python, perl, etc) have developed their own built in
LZMA decompression implementation? I doubt it, would have thought they'd
just link against liblzma.so and not re-invent the wheel.