fredagen den 28 februari 2003 03.06 skrev Peter Gantner:

----------------snip------------------------------
::
:: It was of course still bootable (kind of), and I would have loved to
:: edit /etc/fstab to remove the line which mounted /usr, but the only
:: editor available in /bin was ed (!!!!).
:: I ended up editing the file using cat and echo.

...and line-editing is what /bin/ed is there for when /usr/bin/vi(m) is
unavailable. You should learn it;=)

Having an almost stalinistic preference for vi , I don't however think it's in
any way necessary to add it to Stage I. One can always invoke vi from the
non-chrooted environment if  the root password is set and  at least two VTs
are open.
--
Real men don't drag and drop -they pipe and grep.