On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 10:07:26PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> [...]
>
> That's just a preface, though.  There are basically two "flavors" of
> IMAP -- UW (University of Washington -- home of Mark Crispin, the author
> of RFC2060 and pretty much the father of IMAP) and Cyrus (from Carnegie
> Mellon University).  Courier happens to be of the latter flavor.

Interesting!

> With UW flavor, the separator character between folders and mailboxes is
> usually a "/", and mailboxes are often kept at the top level of
> hierarchy: you might have mailboxes "INBOX", "sent", and "work" for
> example, as well as a folder name "lists" containing mailboxes for
> gentoo named "lists/gentoo-user" and "lists/gentoo-doc".

Yum.

> [...]
>
> Regards,
> --
> Rex

Thank you ever so much for the explanation!  I've been trying to figure
this stuff out for a while now, and your explanation has been the best I've
gotten by far.

I was already suspicious that UW-IMAP could do what I wanted it to do, and
now I'm even more suspicious that it will at least come close.

Since all I really want is webmail + mutt, maybe what I need is a webmail
client that works directly with the maildirs.  I wonder if such a client
exists...

Thanks again!
Owen