---------- quoting Jonathan Kelly ----------
> just wanted to clarify my understanding of x86 and ~x86. I sort of
> assumed x86 mean stable and I assumed that meant that the
> "software" was stable, or does it just refer the fact that the
> ebuild is stable and working and won't break your system, but all
> bets are off as to whether the software is actually stable.

Usually, you will find ebuilds of program ee. beta (or alpha or
whatever) versions in the unstable (say "~x86") tree.

As you assumed, the software is marked as (un-)stable, not the ebuild.
I hope no ebuild itself would break my system ;)

Greetings, Matthias

--
Matthias F. Brandstetter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
now playing "Richard Dorfmeister - Essential Mix 01-12-2001"