I don't know how feasible it'd be, but I think if the files that are
getting updated could be contextually grouped that that could help quite
a bit.

So instead of having the list of 25 config files, there are sections A B
and C where A is something like "system files, be very careful here", B
is "startup files, you can safely update all of these", and C
"application files, depending on your configuration you may want to be
careful here".

The trick would be being able to select -5 for group B, then -3 for
group C, and then hand walk group A, or some such combination.

Anyway, just a thought. If this isn't doable with the current structure,
feel free to toss it aside.

Sean