On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 13:45, roger21 wrote:

> damn you everybody !!!!

:)

> how can you say that, i mean you use a product in free software comunity
> and you don't care about what is done with the money they earn !! this
> is unresponsable

As I see it, money is not the issue. As long as the software is free and
the quality of the software high, I'm willing to donate money to show my
support.

If drinking beer is what makes gentoo good, I don't care if they use my
money to buy beer ;) Although I don't think it's beer, since Robbins did
post to this list and he did explain what the money has been used so far
(and that gentoo has not made any profit). Search the archives, you'll
find it.

> for my part, i really don't know what they do with the money, i prefer
> imagining they just use it for "expenses, charges and developement" but
> i will never say "i don't care"

Yup, thats pretty much what Robbins told it was used for. You don't have
to say I don't care, but if you want to know, search for the Robbins
article.
--
Janne

"So act that your principle of action might safely be made a law for
the whole world." - Immanuel Kant