> If you want to be able to put shortcut-like links on your fluxbox
> desktop, take a look at idesk (under x11-misc/idesk in portage).

Thanks for the pointer. I'll check it out this weekend.

In terms of the desktop, the only two things I miss once in awhile is having
a shortcut to an application, which you may have solved for me, and
sometimes doing a temporary drag and drop of a file from an email to the
desktop and working with it in an application before I put it away. I record
and work with other people in other small studios. They send me mp3s. I'll
want to drop them on the desktop and listen multiple times over a period of
a few days. (Songs sound different at different times of the day or night,
and whether you're listening through studio monitors or headphones.

Having these files on my desktop keeps me focused on them, as opposed to
forgetting them when they get buried in a stack of emails.

However, FAR more important with recording is having no processes running
that get in the way. fluxbox is just great in this area. I love it.

Cheers,
Mark