Hi all folks,

I have been running installation of KDE for 36+ hours and still could not see my shore ahead. Those pre-compile packages on CD2 seems not helpful.

I ran
# emerge sync
then
# emerge -k kde

it indicated 60 packages to be installed. But most time I saw it downloading packages from Gentoo website. Last time, about 3 hours ago, I saw 33/60 packages being downloaded. The download time took about 3 minutes but the compilation took lengthy time.

If accidentally the PC is interrupted can I re-do KDE installation without starting from the beginning. If YES then HOW.

Another problem is Xwindow can't be started which has been posted in my previous email. In the worst case can I re-do installation of xfree without starting from the very beginning, skipping those packages already installed?

Kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

B.R.
Stephen