It showed up Friday or over the weekend. I remember it because etc-update wanted to update my make.conf which is on my list of "don't touch autmatically" files so I edited it by hand and copied that entry from the new one. I'll have to get it later this evening as I'm not where I can get to the Gentoo machines. You also have to create the directory but I think you did that.