On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:18, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> In /etc/make.conf is a line for PORT_LOGDIR.  Uncomment it and change it if
> you want the logs elsewhere.

Not in my /etc/make.conf  there isn't. My install is only a week old and I did
a world update yesterday, so I am surprised I don't have the line in mine.
Could you forward a copy of the entry, please.

> This has nothing to do with syslog-ng.  The orginal poster wanted to log
> the results of a merge.

Understood, but I thought there might be something my /etc/make.conf was
missing which was disabling syslog-ng.

> On Monday 20 October 2003 17:55, you wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 02:45, brett holcomb wrote:
> > > Did you uncomment the log dir line in /etc/make.conf?
> >
> > I have not been able to find any logs from syslog-ng since I installed a
> > week ago. There is no log dir line in my /etc/make.conf. Could you let me
> > have a your wording for this line, please. Thanks.

Dennis Robertson  2/2 Sylvia Street Noosaville QLD 4566 Australia

Phone: 61 7 54742343  Mobile: 0419 535539