On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Dennis Robertson wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:15, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> > Personally, I merge them manually in a second term while viewing the
> > diff etc-update shows me because it's still too annoying.
> Thanks for that advice. I'll follow it.

I use vim -d to do my merges. The appropriate settings are in etc-update.conf.
This is only really recommended if you are familiar with vi. The advantage is
that you can see the before and after versions of the file, and can copy lines
between them easily.
The appropriate setting are:
pager=""
diff_command="vim -d %file1 %file2"
using_editor=1
merge_command="sdiff -s -o %merged %orig %new"

--
Craig West         Ph: (416) 666-1645   |  It's not a bug,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               |  It's a feature...