On Sunday 30 November 2003 17:34, Dennis Robertson wrote:
> [...]

If it only lists 2.4.19 then that's the only one installed.

> > > Someone else suggests changing the kde-libs ebuild to include
> > > --disable-strict and --disable-warning. I tried this with a crash at the
> > > same point.
> >
> > If this didn't work, then it sounds like the error your getting is
> > different to the error that the above two suggestions are meant to fix.
> > Can you post the output just to confirm?
>
> The output is as stated in my post.

You mean the following?

Error kde-base/kde-libs-3.1.4 failed
Function kde_src_compile, line 137,Exitcode2
died running emake, kde_src_compile: make.

That's just the output from emerge; it doesn't say anaything about what the
error was other than Exitcode2. Above that, you should see normal compilation
output followed by a line that says Error at line xx in file xxxx after which
should be the actual error. After that there will be a whole bunch of
warnings and finally it will say that make exited with error code 2. Then it
will list exiting a whole heap of directories and eventually the output you
gave above. The information needed to help fix the problem is the Error at
line xx in file xxxx and the description of the error in the following
line(s).

Jason