Jason,
I am doing the compile in the console and don't know how to scroll back
through it once it exits, so I can't tell you the line number detail you
seek. This is what I can see (transposed by hand to windows, so I hope it's
accurate):

libtool: link: cannot find the library
'/var/tmp/portage/libmad-0.15.0b-r1/image/usr/lib/libmad.la'
make [3]: *** [libartskde.la.closure] Error 1
make [3]: leaving directory
'/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.1.4/work/kdelibs-3.1.4/arts/kde'
make [2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make [2]: leaving directory
'/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.1.4/work/kdelibs-3.1.4/arts'
make [1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make [1]: leaving directory
'/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.1.4/work/kdelibs-3.1.4'
make: *** [all] Error 2
!!!  Error kde-base/kde-libs-3.1.4 failed
!!!  Function kde_src_compile, line 137,Exitcode2
!!!  died running emake, kde_src_compile: make.

BTW during the compile there would have been more than 100 instances of:
rm: cannot remove `': Invalid argument
Could that be related?

I hope this helps.
Regards,