Hello!
I'm not cool enough to solve your problem, but I know some developers of Quanta uses Gentoo.
You could try posting to the quanta users mailing list:

Good luck

Jonas

Dennis Robertson wrote:

Hello List,
I mentioned earlier and there was another post about  the compile error:
Error kde-base/kde-libs-3.1.4 failed
Function kde_src_compile, line 137,Exitcode2
died running emake, kde_src_compile: make.
On google someone suggests the latest headers are broken and to use version
2.4.19-r1.ebuild. I have this version installed. Someone else suggests
changing the kde-libs ebuild to include --disable-strict
and --disable-warning. I tried this with a crash at the same point. I have
tried to use the other ebuilds but they all refuse to install.
Can anyone suggest how to compile kde or must I try to get it from source or
wait for 3.2, whenever that will be. I am very disappointed that this fresh
install has been such a trial and now I can't get my window manager to
compile. Surely these issues are fundamental QA matters.
All suggestions will be gratefully received. Thanks.
Dennis Robertson  2/2 Sylvia Street  Noosaville  QLD  4566  Australia
Phone: 61 7 54742343  Mobile: 0419 535539