Check out the prejudice in this one. . . .

This guy kashani has a remarkable understanding of linux and networking aside from the current thread.

On May 18, 2005, at 6:58 PM, kashani wrote:

Grant wrote:
Out of curiosity, who here would say they have experienced any type of
emotional discrimination because they use Gentoo?  I find this in
correspondence with other Linux people sometimes.  Is Gentoo far
enough "out there" to warrant this type of attitude?  It seems like
these people are conservatives unwilling to roll with the changes to
me.
- Grant

I've only done the discriminating based on other people's non use of Gentoo. :-)

Actually mentioning Gentoo was a good way of getting past the "so have you ever heard of Linux" conversations I ran into last time I went to a LUG. I will admit that this particular LUG was populated by some serious dyed in the wool longhair-ed hippie types complete with oddball PhD's in dead languages. Having had a haircut that month it was apparently impossible that I actually already used Linux so I was offered a live CD, numerous times, by the same people. It finally stopped when I said:

"Thanks for the Ubuntu disk, but I use Gentoo."

kashani