At the place where I work, there are a couple of blokes that use linux
too, when I told them that I use Gentoo and even that it is by far the best
distro I have used IMHO, they immediately said something like this:

"What? you use Gentoo? Oh, so you use it just because you want to
compile the kernel yourself! Just because *you can do it*!!!

And gave me that look of amusement...

Of course it is sad to see that there is ignorance even among some linux
users too.
What they don't realize is that in my relatively short experience in the "light
side"  I have used several distros before Gentoo: Mandrake, Debian and
Slackware.

Gentoo has some kind of reputation...

Regards,

-AR

On 5/18/05, Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, who here would say they have experienced any type of
> emotional discrimination because they use Gentoo?  I find this in
> correspondence with other Linux people sometimes.  Is Gentoo far
> enough "out there" to warrant this type of attitude?  It seems like
> these people are conservatives unwilling to roll with the changes to
> me.
>
> - Grant
>
> --

If the truth can't set you free, a lie will save you.