On Tuesday, September 13, 2011 06:33:01 PM Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Michael Schreckenbauer <grim...@gmx.de>
wrote:
> > If gentoo follows fedora on this mandatory initramfs trail, I'll switch
> > to FreeBSD completely. My software works on way more systems than just
> > "Linux".
> That's of course your prerogative. And, as I said before: "Linux
> strives to be much more than Unix, and that means do things
> differently." If you want to do things the same way that it was done
> in the last 20 years, maybe Linux is not the best of choices.

I read it before, but to be much more then Unix, Linux should be doing things
better. Being different is what led to MS Windows'

> I myself think the new technologies are worth to change the way we did
> things before. But that's just me.

The new technologies have great merit. But, the implementation of it isn't
thought through.

> >> And maybe I shouldn't even mention it, but I don't use OpenRC. I use
> >> systemd. And it works great on Gentoo.
> >
> > Well. Linux only. If I wanted a monoculture, I would use MS-Windows or
> > OSX.
> Relax man. I mention what I use: I'm not forcing you (or anybody else)
> to use it. But I repeat (because I said it before) that I care about
> Linux, and Linux only.

If you care about Linux, why do you allow it to be broken in such a
fundamental way?

--
Joost