I have a lot of images scanned from old negatives of non-standard sizes,
which I had to split up into halves or quarters to process;
I was careful to use the same settings for each of the sub-parts.
Now I want to reassemble them into the original whole pictures.

There are several apps which might do this.
Jonathan Corbet describes using Hugin (LWN 090910);
there's also Krita & Gimp & perhaps Imagemagick.
I have Imagemagick installed, but the others need a number of deps.

Before I go to a lot of trouble emerging + exploring on my own,
has anyone else done this kind of job successfully & what did they use ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca