On 2013-08-11 1:06 PM, Marc Joliet <mar...@gmx.de> wrote:
Yes, I agree that that might perhaps have been nice to mention it in the news
item (although IMHO that's the sort of information the man pages are there
for), but it *is* crystal clear in the docs, or do you not count the man pages
to the docs?

Ok, you're right... :)

AFAIK eselect profile uses the new location, but I don't remember how precisely
I moved it (not that it matters).

I just tried changing it

eselect profile set 3
eselect profile set 1

and it didn't create the link in /etc/portage, it is still in /etc...

Not sure why the two preceeding dots are there in the current one in
/etc, but they are...

The current location is /etc/make.conf, right? Then ../usr/[...] will resolve
to /usr/[...], whereas your ln command above will resolve to /etc/usr/[...],
which is, erm, wrong :) .

So, to do this manually just:

~ ln -s make.profile /usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/amd64/13.0

~ rm /etc/make.profile

?