Am Sun, 11 Aug 2013 21:29:41 +0200
schrieb Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com>:

[...]
> No. That links a file in /etc/portage to something that doesn't exist
> (arguments wrong way round), and the .. parent directory doesn't belong
> there at all:
>
> cd /etc/portage
> ln -s $POSTDIR/profiles/path/to/profile/you/want profile.conf
[...]
> new overrides old in this case

Damn, you would think "ln -s ${TARGET} ${NEWFILE}" would be easily remembered as
"link to target via new file", but no, I keep forgetting :( .

[Perhaps because the first (wrong) mnemonic I usually think of is "link target
to new file", which is backwards, because you're linking the new file to the
target. Maybe I've been confusing myself that way ;) .]

--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup