On 9/16/05, Dave Nebinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I did something like that:
> > -I set up RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="no"
> > -rebooted, all hdcX disappeard, and hdc appeard
> > -I set up RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="yes"
> > -rebooted
> > -there is no hdc*
> >
> > what else can I do?
>
> Go to the udev migration thing in the gentoo wiki.  There is a command that
>
> you have to run to actually rebuild the tarball.  Just flipping to no,
> rebooting, and flipping to yes does not force the tarball recreation.
>
> The command in the wiki will tell you how to build the tarball.  Reboot with
>
> the flag as 'no' to get your devices right, then run the command, then you
> can flip back to 'yes'.
>
> --

I've found that devices.tar.bz2 is created on every reboot, but I also
tryed to make my own devices.tar.bz2 with my devices and put it to
/lib/udev-state...

So for example lp* stays (it's another one that disappears), all hdc?
stays, but hdc still is not there. File devices.tar.bz2 is updated by
system and it has not hdc.
What else can I do?