On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 15:13:37 -0600, Dale wrote:

> I don't think it would help.  It's the speed that is the problem. It was
> almost impossible to read anything with my old CPU. It's nothing but a
> blur with this new one.  Mostly, I saw red letters and what looked like
> the word "error".

Record a video of the screen while booting and play it back in slow
motion. It's low tech but it works with all errors, even those from
GRUB ;-)

--
Neil Bothwick

Joystick: (n.) a device essential for performing business tasks and
training exercises esp. favored by pilots, tank commanders, riverboat
          gamblers, and medieval warlords.