Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 20/12/2018 06:41, Dale wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I just installed a new video card.  After a couple weeks of USPS
>> dragging it around, it finally came in.  Anyway, I got it installed and
>> was booting up.  I noticed somewhere between the kernel part and it
>> going through the runlevel part, there was something that failed.  I saw
>> a little red colored text and the word failed but I found one bad thing
>> about a really fast CPU.  It scrolls by so fast, I can't tell what it
>> is.
>
> You should probably add the "quiet" option to your kernel command line
> in Grub. It will silence all useless noise, and should (I think) only
> print errors if they occur.
>
> Worth a try.

I don't think it would help.  It's the speed that is the problem. It was
almost impossible to read anything with my old CPU. It's nothing but a
blur with this new one.  Mostly, I saw red letters and what looked like
the word "error".

If it will log the error, that is best because I can copy and paste it
into a search engine and find out what it means and how to fix it, if I
don't figure it out on my own.  May help someone else reading this tho.  ;-)

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)