Am Samstag, 7. Oktober 2023, 08:28:01 CEST schrieb Valmor de Almeida:

> -> mount /dev/nvme0n1p4 /mnt/gentoo
> mout: /mnt/gentoo: can't read superblock on /dev/nvme0n1p4.

Maybe we need to dig a little deeper. Maybe you are using LVM (or have an
encrypted root partition; or both).

> -> dmesg
>
> [snip]
> nvme nvme0: controller is down; will reset: ....
> nvme nvme0: Does your device have a faulty power saving mode enabled?
> [snip]
> EXT4-fs (nvme0n1p4): unable to read superblock
>
> I am still able to boot with the old kernel 6-1-41-gentoo.
> Does this mean I may have a hardware problem with the NVMe drive?

I dont think you have a hardware problem because with 6.41 you have no
problems.

For me the following questions would arise:

a) How did you install the kernel 6.1.41 ? (genkernel; dist-kernel; manual
approach)
b) Did you make any kernel configuration changes in your 6.1.41 ?
c) Do you use a bootmanager ? (which ?; grub, refind ?)
d) How did you update to 6.1.53 ? (every step)

To better understand your system, I would look at the output of
"parted -l" (complete),
"dmesg" (complete),
"lspci -k" and
"emerge --info"
(after you have booted 6.1.41).

To clarify all this here via the mailing list might be difficult; therefore I
would suggest to create a thread in our Gentoo support forum:

https://forums.gentoo.org/

(I am there also; but we have also a lot of great experts there)

If you create a thread in our forum, then please use wgetpaste for big files:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Wgetpaste

Greetings,
Peter