kde hasn't been accessible enough for screen reader users like me to
install it and use it.  That out of the way, could that be kde locking
your screen for you using a 1 minute time limit?  If so, maybe that can be
adjusted.  The gsettings app likely isn't on your machine so it won't help
for me to go through my braille notes and send you the two lines for
disabling screen locking with gsettings.

--
 Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.