Top posting for consistency.

I booted the Gentoo GUI media.  I opened a window just in case it
rebooted or something while I took a little nap.  The resolution is
1080P which is what I expected the monitor to run at.  When I got back
up a few minutes ago, the same window was there.  It ran for hours
without the monitor powering off.  I think this eliminates hardware.

I found a Knoppix USB stick, for some reason Knoppix doesn't show up on
the Ventoy stick even tho it is there, and booted that stick.  I opened
a window the same as I did on the Gentoo media, just in case it reboots
or something.  It's already ran longer than my install did.  No problems
so far.  I'm not expecting any really given it ran fine on the Gentoo
media.

I also found something new.  I can go in the BIOS menu and boot a USB
stick directly from that by just clicking on it.  O_O  WOW!!!  I said
the new BIOS had improved by a lot.  Can that thing wash dishes too???
LOL

Still open to ideas if anyone has any.  If not, I may safe key files and
start over, and fix my partition layout too.

This is progress.  Hardware is good.  :-D

Dale

:-)  :-)