On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 18:55:00 +0100, jakommo wrote:

> I have a problem the / Partition on my system is to smal, is there a
> save way to resize it?
> I know mounting other partitions to e.g. /usr will help but the / is
> only 4,6G so it will help only temporarily.

/usr often account for more than half of the contents of /, so mounting
it on a different filesystem will indeed help.

Before you do anything else, have you cleaned out /var/tmp
and /usr/portage/distfiles. Moving $POARTAGE_TMPDIR and $DISTDIR to a
separate partition is a good way of preventing portage filling up
your root partition.

--
Neil Bothwick

"Bother," said Pooh, as someone flamed him for no reason.