ยท Dirk Heinrichs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Am Donnerstag, 16. November 2006 22:56 schrieb ext jakommo:
>
>> I think I try that, but I wait for a moment where it doesn't metter if
>> something goes wrong.
>
> There's always "telinit 1".
>
> You mentioned it's a RAID 5, and I think Neil also asked wether you're using
> LVM. If not, you should consider using it (or EVMS, which I prefer), so
> that you don't run into these troubles again in the future.

The advantage of EVMS over LVM in this case would be, that he
wouldn't have to reformat/repartition and would still be able
to resize the partition/filesystem, wouldn't he?

> You may hear different opinions about that, but you should also consider
> splitting your disks into several partitions (or better: logical volumes)
> anyway.

Yes, that's of course a good hint!

> BTW: I never needed to resize /.

Me too.

> Sometimes I need to grow /usr, but since I
> chose reiserfs for it, it can be done while mounted.

Yes, with reiserfs, this can be done. But also with every other
"normal" filesystem besides ext2.

Alexander Skwar
--
Foolproof Operation: