Hi,

On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:47:21 -0400 Colleen Beamer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm having a heck of a time with the nvidia-drivers on my new Dell
> Inspiron M1710.  I can install the driver, but when the laptop is
> booting, the font doesn't resize - something do do with the
> framebuffer, but I don't know how to correct it - I've followed the
> nvidia Guide from the documentation.

What does "the font doesn't resize" mean exactly and how's that looking
errorneous to you? What font are you even talking about? Since you're
talking about the framebuffer, you're probably talking about the text
console font? Does that even matter (i.e. are you using the text
console)?

AFAIK, nvidia-drivers don't have framebuffer support at all. In order
to have a graphical console on bootup, you need to configure other
framebuffer drivers in your kernel. I think the suggested one to use in
combination w/ nvidia-drivers (the combination matters for switching
between X and console) is vesa or vesa-tng.

-hwh