At Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:05:26 +0200 Daniel Pielmeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have tested xrandr but it is useless for me! I tried various things
> but neither of them seem to have any effect on my secondary screen.

Since you are describing a TV out it might be your tertiary screen.
When I type xrandr with no arguments I get

    Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1600 x 1200, maximum 1920 x 1920
    VGA connected 1600x1200+0+0 (normal left inverted right) 0mm x 0mm
       1920x1440      60.0
       1600x1200      60.0*
       1280x960       60.0
    LVDS connected (normal left inverted right)
       1680x1050      60.0 +
       1024x768       60.0
       800x600        60.3
       640x480        59.9
    TV disconnected (normal left inverted right)

VGA is what I would call the "secondary" (for me it is an external
monitor, I believe it is always the monitor attached via the VGA or
DVI output, LVDS is the screen on the
laptop.  Presumably TV is the signal to drive a TV (I never used
mine).

If you type

   xrandr --output TV --off

does it stop driving the TV?  That is what the manual suggests will
happen.  If not than it seems the nvidia driver isn't supporting randr
1.2.  Perhaps that was what was meant by "wont fix", nvidia bug.

allan