> Since you are describing a TV out it might be your tertiary screen.
> When I type xrandr with no arguments I get
>
>     Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1600 x 1200, maximum 1920 x 1920
>     VGA connected 1600x1200+0+0 (normal left inverted right) 0mm x 0mm
>        1920x1440      60.0
>        1600x1200      60.0*
>        1280x960       60.0
>     LVDS connected (normal left inverted right)
>        1680x1050      60.0 +
>        1024x768       60.0
>        800x600        60.3
>        640x480        59.9
>     TV disconnected (normal left inverted right)
>
> VGA is what I would call the "secondary" (for me it is an external
> monitor, I believe it is always the monitor attached via the VGA or
> DVI output, LVDS is the screen on the
> laptop.  Presumably TV is the signal to drive a TV (I never used
> mine).

I don't know wheather the TV is secondary or tertiary, when i type
xrandr with no options i just get the output of my primary monitor, as
randr is not supported. I am not exactly sure which output i get as i
have no access to my box at the moment, but i will check this.

> If you type
>
>    xrandr --output TV --off
>
> does it stop driving the TV?  That is what the manual suggests will
> happen.  If not than it seems the nvidia driver isn't supporting randr
> 1.2.  Perhaps that was what was meant by "wont fix", nvidia bug.

I guess a fix for this from nvidia will take ages as usually, is
anybody out there who got tv-out working with the opensource driver
from xorg with nvidia? Or do we have to wait for nouveau, mabe it does
a better job!

Regards,

Daniel