On Tuesday 11 September 2007, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
> > Since you are describing a TV out it might be your tertiary screen.
> > When I type xrandr with no arguments I get
> >
> >     Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1600 x 1200, maximum 1920 x 1920
> >     VGA connected 1600x1200+0+0 (normal left inverted right) 0mm x 0mm
> >        1920x1440      60.0
> >        1600x1200      60.0*
> >        1280x960       60.0
> >     LVDS connected (normal left inverted right)
> >        1680x1050      60.0 +
> >        1024x768       60.0
> >        800x600        60.3
> >        640x480        59.9
> >     TV disconnected (normal left inverted right)
> >
> > VGA is what I would call the "secondary" (for me it is an external
> > monitor, I believe it is always the monitor attached via the VGA or
> > DVI output, LVDS is the screen on the
> > laptop.  Presumably TV is the signal to drive a TV (I never used
> > mine).
>
> I don't know wheather the TV is secondary or tertiary, when i type
> xrandr with no options i just get the output of my primary monitor, as
> randr is not supported. I am not exactly sure which output i get as i
> have no access to my box at the moment, but i will check this.
>
> > If you type
> >
> >    xrandr --output TV --off
> >
> > does it stop driving the TV?  That is what the manual suggests will
> > happen.  If not than it seems the nvidia driver isn't supporting randr
> > 1.2.  Perhaps that was what was meant by "wont fix", nvidia bug.
>
> I guess a fix for this from nvidia will take ages as usually, is
> anybody out there who got tv-out working with the opensource driver
> from xorg with nvidia? Or do we have to wait for nouveau, mabe it does
> a better job!

As it happens I noticed that my TV out also stopped working recently.
However, I run ATI not nvidia.  I blamed the latest xorg-server for it and
left it at that.  When I run xrandr, just like you, I only see the laptop's
screen:
$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 175, current 1024 x 768, maximum 1024 x 768
default connected 1024x768+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1024x768       60.0*
   320x175        60.0
   320x200        60.0
   360x200        60.0
   320x240        60.0
   400x300        60.0
   512x384        60.0
   832x624        60.0

xrandr --output --auto doesn't change things and xrandr --output TV --on
brings up the --help page.

Anyone else noticed this & found a fix?
--
Regards,