On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 12:38:50 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> > Probably for the same reason Debian felt obliged to do the same -
> > licensing issues. It is widely acknowledged that cdrtools is the
> > superior code over cdrkit but large sections of the OSS community
> > feel that cdrtools' license puts tham at risk, regardless of what
> > Joerg (cdrtools maintainer) asserts in this matter.
>
> I am sorry to see that you are still a victim of a _few_ OSS trolls.

Read what you quoted. Alan said nothing about the licence in this
paragraph. He stated that some people believe the licence is problematic,
which is not the same as saying it is problematic. The former is
certainly true, your views on the latter are already well known.

Alan was answering the question "why was this done?", not "was it right
to do this?".

--
Neil Bothwick

Conclusion: the place where you got tired of thinking.