Sebastian Günther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Please finally stop your FUD!
> >
> > The CDDL definitely is a free license and Sun will definitely not publish
> > any packages that could create problems.
> >
> I *never* stated that CDDL is unfree. What I stated a couple of days
> ago, is that in *my opinion* the CDDL undermines freedom.

You are confused: the CDDL does not undermine freedom. It may be that
you wanted to mention the GPL instead ;-)

> Back to my statement: iirc the Debian people refused to establish a
> whole new build chain to circumvent the problem, that they saw when
> distributing cdrtools.

The original build system in cdrtools is not GPL but it is included in the
source. The build system replacement made by debian is not GPL either!
In addition parts of the build system are missing.

As Debian claimed that the problem is a non GPL build system, Debian is
obviously spreading FUD.

> What I just stated in my previous mail: There *is* the appropiate build
> chain within OpenSolaris cdrtools, so there isn't the problem, that the
> Debian people have with the whole issue.

You again start with FUD, please stop this nonsense.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)