Alan McKinnon wrote:
On Friday 12 September 2008 02:51:21 Dale wrote:
Get a Yahoo email account and pay for POP access, about $20.00 a year I
think.  I think this will make it so that I never have to change email
addresses when I switch ISPs and will get the same service regardless of
who I connect to the internet with in the future.  This is a long term
fix to my email switching issue.

Use Gmail rather. It's cheaper - can't get cheaper than free - and just works better. Plus their anti-spam measures are very very good. I get about 1000 spams a month and average about 2 or 3 false positives and false negatives a month.

So Gmail has free POP access? I like to keep my email locally like I do with AT&T. So far I have saved almost 27,000 emails from this list alone. I'm a pack rat. LOL

I also found a interesting ISP. http://localnet.com/ I sent a email to check on any time limits they may have. No reply yet but it was a bit late when I sent it.

Dang I wish I had broadband out here.  < sighs >

Dale

:-) :-)