Alan McKinnon wrote:
On Friday 12 September 2008 09:39:25 Dale wrote:
So Gmail has free POP access?  I like to keep my email locally like I do
with AT&T.  So far I have saved almost 27,000 emails from this list
alone.  I'm a pack rat.  LOL

gmail has pop - you can leave the mails on the srever, remove them.
imap - leave them there, shift them off to the local machine.

it's all good it all works. I use the method you do - pop it off google's servers and read it locally. Except I'm ruthless with deleting mail - stuff gets nuked after 14 days and after that I use google to find a thread on an archive somewhere

I just set it up. I haven't been on gmail in a long while. I'm glad my password manager remembered the password. Anyway, after checking on the website and finding the instructions and settings, it was a breeze. I'm soooo glad I asked for advise here. I had no clue GMail had this for free. What's up with Yahoo? Last I saw they charge for this. Now to go test sending emails. I have never done that with anything but my ISP before. If I disappear for a few days, I screwed it up bad. LOL For future reference, my gmail is [EMAIL PROTECTED] just in case you see a nut posting with that email address.
Thanks again.

Dale

:-) :-)