Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
> Jody wrote: "Nice work! It is so much easier to proceed when there is
> someone who "owns" the code."
>
> Peter sounds like he'll be able to answer questions, but I don't think
> he currently has the time to actively maintain the module. Maybe that
> is why work on the modile has tappered off.
>
> After looking at the code I think I have come up with a plan to move
> forward. Peter mentioned the XML parsing code in his module is likely
> outdated. I plan on replacing this with some updated code. I actually
> found some code by Paul Austing that provides reads GPX files to
> produce generic DataObjects, and writes DataObjects back out to GPX.
> I'm hoping that I can integrate this code.

Interesting; do you know what parser Peter was using?

If you do bring Paul's code over make sure we have permission to; or
publish the jar to the maven repository etc...
> It would be great if we could parse all the pom.xml files and produce
> a master list of dependencies by module. That might point out
> opportunities for library consolidation.

I think you will find that information available in two forms already:
- as "reports" published by Martin; he provided the links but you can
generate them yourself using "mvn site:site"
- from the command line: mvn dependency:tree