On 18/05/10 14:38, Andrea Aime wrote:
> How is the test coverage?

OK. All encoding test are in GeoServer.

> Is it a single module or multimodule?

Multiple. gt-app-schema, gt-app-schema-resolver (coming soon),
gt-sample-data-access (for testing).

> You are the maintainer for all of them?

Yes.

>> All the docs and much of the test coverage is in GeoServer.
> Ah, much of the test coverage where it cannot be measured... ugh...
> does it go beyond 40% with the tests in Geotools?

Even if it did (which I doubt), most of the breakage occurs in bad
encoded output, which is an integration problem of combining
gt-app-schema with the encoder in a GeoServer WFS configuration.

Until GEOT-2948 was fixed, it was not possible to write a full encoder
configuration for testing app-schema encoding outside GeoServer, because
of the (then) fragile nature of configurations. With Justin's changes
this is much more robust, and it now should be possible, but all of our
encoding tests are in GeoServer. Furthermore, given the very complicated
test fixtures, a GeoServer data directory is pretty much the best way of
setting them up. We could in theory now backport all out encoding tests
from GeoServer app-schema-test to GeoTools. And where would be set the
schemaLocations? A lot of breakage is in the interaction with
FeatureTypeSchemaBuilder, which is in GeoServer.

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineering Team Leader