On 04/06/10 22:12, Joachim Van der Auwera wrote:
> Considering that java5 is still just the previous version (even if it is
> already a couple years old),

Six years.

> I would not require java6 unless there is a
> very compelling reason.

(1) It is a pain in the arse to get the Java 5 JDK.
(2) OpenJDK is Java 6.

I think these were Andrea's points.

I agree that some deployments are stuck in the past and will suffer, but
they will have to upgrade one day. Or just stay with ancient code to
complement their ancient platform. We have already done them a solid,
protecting cruft old deployments over our own developers to the extent
that one major contributor left this project.

Time to move on.

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineering Team Leader