2013/2/6 Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>

> app-schema uses the app-schema-resolver implementation to obtain schemas
> from the classpath (jar files), oasis calogs, or cached downloads. It is
> designed to drive the XML encoder, and solve the problem of cross-module
> relative imports (import of ../../../whatever) from different sources. It
> does not use the URIResolver interface. It implements the GeoTools
> SchemaLocationResolver interface. See:
> http://docs.geotools.org/**latest/userguide/extension/**
> app-schema.html#application-**schema-resolver<http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/extension/app-schema.html#application-schema-resolver>
>
> I would have to think more about what youse are trying to do, but
> app-schema-resolver has no dependencies on app-schema and could be the
> basis of a solution.

Ok, I did some tests, and good news, app-schema-resolver seems the way to
go.
My idea now is to:
 - add a dependency in gt-xml to gt-app-schema-resolver (a little bit weird
since gt-xml is core, and app-schema-resolver an extension, maybe
AppSchemaResolver should find a better home in a core module in the near
future)
 - update org.geotools.xml.schema.SchemaFactory to use AppSchemaResolver
with classpath resolving and AppSchemaCache fallback with automatic download
 - configure AppSchemaCache to use a folder found in schema.factory.cache
(this allows to create xsd caches on geoserver data_dir for example) system
property, if defined, or a temporary folder if not
 - as a side effect xsd already available in geotools jars (such as
gt-xsd-core) will be immediately available to SchemaFactory locally
(included the one that was slowing down WMS cascading with inspire)

I did some test on master and everything seems to work like a charm. Can I
proceed with the pull request?

Thanks.
--
==