On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Rahkonen Jukka <jukka.rahko...@mmmtike.fi>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have never used Geoserver on anything else than Windows and I have
> always considered that Geoserver is extraordinary easy to install,
> including the nightly builds.  But if you think that the system can be made
> even better then I have nothing against it.

My main concern comes from seeing developers. At the Vienna code sprint
I've seen devs using windows struggle to work on the
code sprint struggle because the build was not working there.
Then I've seen colleagues of mine struggle in a similar way with modules
that would not build on Windows.
And then you get mails from people trying to contribute patches or getting
into development, using Windows, and getting stuck
on build failures too.

We're bleeding resources and piling frustration bit by bit....

As for Windows specific bugs, yep, we already fixed some, and we already
found leaks (unclosed files) that
broke Windows, but would have been leaks nevertheless on Linux as well,
just not as immediately noticeable
(they took time to build up).

==
GeoServer training in Milan, 6th & 7th June 2013!  Visit
http://geoserver.geo-solutions.it for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf