On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Ben Caradoc-Davies <
ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au> wrote:

> No. If a commit breaks the Windows build, we just revert it. Jenkins
> logs can help us deduce what went wrong. Windows developers have the
> same problem with Jenkins on Linux (line ending, unexpected filesystem
> case sensitivity, ...).

This is indeed what I did the two times I tried to get the Windows build
server going, I actually
fixed most issues from Linux, switching onto my XP VM only when the sorry
pest was resistant
to the first line of attack ;-)

About not having the platform, full understand and I surely hope we're not
going to ask people to forage
the un-mentionable company by buying licenses :-p
When the build breaks for mysterious reasons we often try to collaborate on
the ml to solve it, right?
When Windows people broke the build on Linux and the issue was hard to
figure out,
help was provided quick enough, if we go for a Windows build server I
expect nothing less from
the people on Windows.

==
GeoServer training in Milan, 6th & 7th June 2013!  Visit
http://geoserver.geo-solutions.it for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf