On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:48:01 -0400
Jason Stephenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was going to say last night that this was the first article I had
> read where patents were mentioned by the reporter. Notice that no one
> from SCO is quoted in the article saying Linux infringes their
> patents.
It is interesting that SCO, on their website says they accquired
copyrights and patents:
http://www.sco.com/scosource/

But Novell claims that they never solf the patent rights to SCO
http://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/2003/05/pr03033.html

In any case, SCO's suit against IBM is a breach of contract suit because
IBM is a licensee. Certainly, the other stuff, such as the warning to
Linux customers et. al. complicates the issue.

The bottom line for Linux is that, at the moment, it is more of a PR
issue than anything else with the potential of future legal action.

--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group