> Ah, but the sites do a great job of filtering just for such a thing.
> For example, [OMITTED} is a feed that doesn't list...

STOP.

You are pointing out feeds of shows whose legality is questionable at
best. This is in violation of the terms of use of this list, this group,
and likely the TOS of our kind hosts.

And you've illustrated exactly the chilling effect on the flow of information.

When a link, NOT copyrighted material itself IN ANY WAY, but a mere
link to a website with information on it, is suddenly forbidden fruits
and banned, what is the long term effect of that on the Internet, on
discussion groups, etc?

That, it seems to me, IS on topic for this group, because without open
discussion and the Internet flowing freely, and with bad copyright
laws and bad patents enforced, the open source community faces a
serious threat to its' existence.

Let's focus our discussions on Linux and Free/Open Source Software and
not on proprietary multimedia. There are plenty of other forums for that.

I agree.  There is plenty of free and open materials to watch and
discuss here or elsewhere.
There are tools such as Democracy Internet TV http://www.getdemocracy.com/
and Linux Media, and this is a forum where those can and should be discussed.